Skip to content-main content


Egyptian Building

1223 E. Marshall St.

About

Egyptian BuildingThe Egyptian Building features a large auditorium and small classrooms and houses the offices of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in the VCU School of Medicine.

The building, designed by architect Thomas S. Steward, was completed in 1846 and was the first permanent home of the Medical Department of Hampden-Sydney College (later the Medical College of Virginia). It is considered one of the nation’s best examples of the Egyptian Revival style.

Accessible entrance(s)

  • West entrance
  • Northeast entrance (Baruch Auditorium only)

Parking

Directions